Re: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont need a new tranny dude, you can keep the 8v tranny you have in there w/ no problem.
All you need is an 8v clutch disc.
i think Peter said he'd sell you one, go with that, definately

drop the tranny, pull off the flywheel, check the tranny input shaft for damage (because the god awful noise you heard was the clutch disk splines grinding over the input shaft!), install the 8v clutch disc and centre it w/ tool, put flywheel back, install tranny.
your done.
ALL of the other parts are the same.

the only problem i forsee is the the input shaft splines being boogered up.
GL!

--- "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>So does anyone have a good price on a used 16v tranny (AGH, 2Y) they wanna
>sell to me?  I have 2 gti trannies, and this friggin 8v 9a in my rocco now
>to trade!  I think i know of one local from a 2.oh 16v for like $150 or
>something, but im gonna have to check up on that.  If i cant afford a new
>tranny now, i will just put the old clutch disk back into mine.  It was
>almost new, just got covered with oil :(
>

>Jason Arms (Essex, VT)
>
>'87 Scirocco 16v AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
>'84 Rabbit GTI RIP
>'84 Jetta GLI (Now dubbed the POS!)
>'84 Jetta GLI (parts car)RIP