Re: 16V Rev Limiter

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:01:04 -0700 Riley McDowall <roog@home.com> writes:

>I went through this whole deal last year, and the short answer is that
>you're stuck with the rev limiter.  The fuel pump relay may or may not
>have a cutoff built into it, but nothing you do to the relay will let
you
>rev past 7200.  To find out for yourself, try jumping it and driving
>around.

Now that ive had a few hours sleep, I believe the short answer is to
eliminate the control that the CIE-E box has over the fuel pump relay.
Since the box tells the relay to shut off at a set RPM, simply disabling
that feature should have you with an "open non rev limited" system.
A jaunt thru the diagram should show (somebody) which wire(s) to disable
or ground to another spot.
Again, its just another guess on my part but I recall that the FPR is
grounded to the CIS-E box. rpm gets too high, it disconnects the ground
for the FPR and the fuel shuts off. Reroute the ground to another source
and it never shuts up. rpm's for days or the motor blows up, which ever
comes first. :)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!