Re: 16V Rev Limiter

At 2:02 PM -0700 7/17/00, kevin f wrote:
>if i remember correctly, the rev limiter is in the fuel pump relay!
>dont ask me how it works, I'm not even sure if this is correct, but
>for some reason i remember that.
>someone wanna correct me? :)

You're correct.  On my '81, I kept the wiring harness and spliced in
the wires from the computer.  One of the wires runs from the computer
to the ground pin on the 8v fuel pump relay.

>you could test that theory by bypassing the relay w/ some wire and a
>switch (just pull the relay and wire the switch up to run the fuel
>pump)
>the bently uses this switch for some fuel injection tests, it's
>described in there.
>just a thought

Or, find the wire and take it to ground (the fpr) instead of hooking it up.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |