fun with wiring

Here is a new problem for my 80 Mk1. The turn signal lights both front
and rear are too dim to see in daylight. This I found out by almost
getting hit and then seeing the finger and someone yelling "blinker
asshole!", which WAS on. Anyway, I changed the bulbs and still no change
in brightness. I would say the bulbs aren't getting enough juice. This
car has been full of electrical gremlins that I have been getting rid of
one by one. It still needs a new fuse box but that can wait. Anyone have
any ideas? Now I'm thinking wiring or flasher relay. Seeing as how its
both front and rear I'm thinking relay. Anyone else experience this
issue yet?

Feenix
80 1.8