Re: New clutch problems.

I dont think thats a clutch problem though. I have the same thing when I
launch hard and the wheels start spinning, I get a lot of 'wheel hop' and
shaking from the front. I think it's cause by a combination of larger rims
(15"), 195/50 tires, old KYB shocks, soft springs, and worn a-arm bushings.
 I'm pretty sure that when i put Bilstein sports, h&r's and poly bushings
the hop will go away.

At 01:02 PM 1/17/00 -0800, you wrote:

>Clutch problems?
>Please don't be afraid to state anything obvious
>I might have missed.
>I just installed a new clutch over the weekend and,
>
>Here are the facts:
>EN motor bored out to 1847 by Techtonics
>FF tranny
>Techtonics clutch kit with 16V clutch plate
>210 flywheel (used but not bad)
>Recent new clutch cable adjusted to 15mm
>Repacked inner/outer pass. axle cv's
>Driver axle CV boots looked ok.
>Hard time getting into 1 and 2 (not new)
>All 4 motor mounts new with Techtonics front
>     all adjusted according to Bentley
>

>Here is the problem:
>Clutch engagement seems fine under normal
>conditions but when I try to launch off the line
>(breaking the tires loose) the whole front of the
>car vibrates violently. I pulled into a parking lot
>(it had just rained) and did a few hard launches
>and was able to break the tires loose in first and
>second and the shaking would diminish when the
>car started to catch up with the tires.
>
>Does this sound familiar to anyone out there
>before I start tearing into it to find out whats going
>on?
>
>P.S. When I push in on the clutch at idle the rpm's
>do not seem to change. (I've heard that if the
>idle does change that this is indicative of a major
>problem)
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Randy B.
>Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - 2.0L 16V
>Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
>(was that an earthquake or was it my clutch)
>

>--

aventari
icq#21583385
Protect privacy, boycott Intel: http://www.bigbrotherinside.org