8v MK II - Removing AC

I'm looking to remove the AC in my 8v AutoX car. The problem seems to be that
without the AC compressor pulley, the alternator pulley won't be in-line with
the rest of the belts. From my cursory inspection, it appears that simply
adjusting the mount location of the alternator is not possible.

If any of you have removed the AC on your MKII 8v, how did you get the pulleys
to all line up?

Thanks in advance,
Ian Pitts
'93 Passat GLX VR6
'85 Scirocco II 8v (Solo II)

/ Ian Pitts * On-Line Marketing Supervisor * Group 1 Software  \
] Ian_Pitts@g1.com                          http://www.g1.com  [
\___Got PGP? Use it. My Key: <http://www.detn8.org/pgp.html>___/