Re: upper strut bushings

Dave,
Again, thanks for the reply.
George and I also discussed this and it appears that the design of the
poly units allow for a snug fit, while the way the OEM units work this would
cause binding of the shaft in the bearing/housing. I have replaced all front
suspension bushings, balljoints, tie-rods and ends, tightened the rack,
installed poly rack bushings, upper and lower braces, and new shocks and
springs. Seems I may have a problem with the bearing at the bottom of the
steering column. After fixing this, I will probably stick with the poly's in
the
front and just try to avoid those nasty potholes, and RR tracks.
With this information, it appears that you may not have had to replace the
shorter bushings with the stock ones. Of course this depends upon what
type of poly units you are using. Were you having any problems with your
poly's with the shorter bushings? I am using the Auto Tech units and they
seem to work fine snugged down.
-Randy