SV: upper strut bushings

> Hey Randy! I have poly bushings on my car. I'm not sure what kind you have, > but mine are from bugpack. they go inside the earlier bearing assemblies. I
> know exactly what you mean. The top caps are too close to the bushing and
> the springs turn in their perches when I turn sharply at very slow speeds
> (parking lot). I read somewhere on the package that they take some time to
> settle. Im not sure about yours but ive had mine for about 2 years and they
> have not settled. No stiffness when turning the wheel though. HTH

Something is coming up in my memory, when I installed Bonrath reinforced upper bearings (similar to early style and Autotech reinforced) I tighten the nut as much as I could, and it was not really on, I couldn't tighten it further so I thought it should be this way.
After three days of going I heard a big klunk almost all the time, stopped and started too try find what was making the noise, after some time I found that one of the bearings had "seated", fastened the nut and since then everything is alright.
When I have the car lifted up you have a little play in the bearing but you don't notice this when driving, and turning is SOO easy compared to worn out OEM bearings.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker