Re: MK1 S: should i trade.

--- Jason Arms <redbug64@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think that it is an original color.  there are
> several scirocco S's

If it is a Scirocco S and it's not one of the colors I
mentioned - then it has been repainted. If it original
paint and it's not one of the paints I mentioned for
an S model, then it's a "badgie".

Scirocco S came with front spoiler (by Zender),
blacked out chrome, red front and rear badges, red
stripes on the bumpers and side trim, recaro style
seats with separate bolsters, black dash trim (as
opposed to wood grain), only came with 5spd manual,
and had trunk carpet.

Anyone that wants to see what they looked like on the
showroom floor (I actually haunted VW showrooms in
those days) - email me at my address below and I'll
send you an image.

I think we need to add an "S" spec section to the web
page - I'll make that my next "deliverable" . . .

 in the
> pictrue section of scirocco.org and in other places
> that show this color on
> mk1 scirocco's.

I'm not sure which pic you are referring too. Teal is
a color for a bride'smaid's dress (my wife was in a
recent wedding in this color.

The factory green offered in 1981 for Sciroccos (not
"S" models) was Cedar Green Metallic, which is a dark
green.

  SO, if it is not original for the
> S, it must be original
> for vw right?

Maybe . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)