Engine Building Question

Hey Listers,

Many of you know that I'm working on a 2008cc engine for my 1981 16V, and
this weekend I built the shortblock. Woo hoo! Well, I have one question for
those of you who have done this before.

I found in the Bently manual that I am supposed to put a sealant (LocTite?)
on the threads of the bolts for the oil squirters that shoot oil up that the
piston skirts. Unfortunately, I didn't find this until after I torqued down
all of the rod bolts and crank bolts, and I did not put any sealant on these
bolts. I'm blaming this one on Mr. Bently this information is at the END of
the engine section, not closer to when you'd actually be installing these
things!

So, do I not worry about this, or do I try and get to them without unbolting
the rods, or is this so important that I need to unbolt everything to get it
done?

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks -- Craig Williams
1981 SciroccoS 1.8 16V (soon to be 2.0+)
1987 Jetta GLI 16V (Daily Driver)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife)