[16v] valve cover gasket / more water leaks

Hi again,

Well about 2 weeks ago I did my valve cover gasket, carefully spraying
down both surfaces before installing the gasket, attempting to match
everything up correctly, and following a star pattern torque sequence,
torquing the 3 allen bolts first as per bentley.

Unfortnately, I have since discovered oil in my third and fourth spark
plug wells. The gasket appears to bulge out into the well and it makes it
difficult to get the spark plug socket out when it disconnects itself from
the socket extension. So the gasket must be seated wrong for those spark
plug holes.

There is no doubt that I have to do it all over again because I don't want
my oil leak to ruin my new eurosport plug wires the same way it cooked the
rubber insulation off my oem wires. The question is if I can reuse the
gasket since its rubber not the 8v cork gasket, and it looks to be in
pretty good shape since its only 600 miles old. Would I need to soak the
gasket in carb cleaner to take off the oil, or do anything special? I just
don't like the idea of spending $30 again, and having it not seal properly
again. So can I reuse it?

On another note, I went out to my car yesterday to get something and to my
dismay noticed some drips of water directly under the fusebox, and it was
dripping from my fuel pump relay. I've already had this problem and it led
to weeks of aggravation until I ran a bead of silicone under the
windshield gasket. I've reinspected the gasket and am having trouble
believing that its still leaking there. Possibilities are that its leaking
through the bottom edge of the gasket (torwards the hood), since I didn't
silicone that edge, or that it is leaking through the glass side, but I
think I'd notice water on the gasket. My sunroof hoses were fine last time
I checked, rain tray drains were unclogged, I -did- have doubts about the
fresh air intake box having a bad gasket, but thats on the other side of
the car and the passenger footwell was bone dry (although I didn't check
it thoroughly). Anyone have any suggestions here? I'm absolutely SICK of
having an inch of water on my floor.

Thanks,

-Toby

--