cam questions (long)

Ok, I am looking at the two cams offered in the autotech site, One is the G-grind I know you all are familiar with, and the other is the HOR tech sport cam. Now, the G-grind has a lift of 0.423" and duration of 283° (225° @ 0.05" check clearance) and is said to have gains in the 2k - 6.5k rpm range, netting around 8-10hp.
On the other hand is the Sport cam with a 0.436 lift and  286° duration (243° @ 0.05" check clearance) which claims to net a 13hp gain, with power increases in the 3k - 6.8k rpm range.
when I make my choice, the cam is going into a stock 1.8 8v solid lifter(JH) head which will be ported and polished (including the intake man.) and equipped with high-rpm sport springs.
My question is: The sport cam is obviously more of a top end cam, and with the ported head I realize I will be loosing a large amount of my low-end torque, but how much? I don't want to loose too much. I am trying to build a quarter mile eng. religiously 0-100mph (+ or -) I am all about time. So would I be better off getting the G-grind? Considering that it is a little more mild and I wouldn't loose as much low-end? I have a FF tranny so I have a great first gear for the off line jump, thus I can live with a little loss in the low rpms, but not too much.  Also, will an extreme cam have problems with NOS? I know there are specified cams for superchargers that have less duration, but would something like this apply to NOS? I dont see how, but I thought I would ask. Any thoughts, Info, Facts, and opinions are greatly appreciated.

TIA. for the responses
Nathan
"so many questions in my head"