Re: (Tech) 16V Swap questions

At 10:01 AM -0400 12/30/00, Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
>>Hey all,
>>I just found a Black 16V for 300. The only thing wrong with it is the body is
>>twisted from the PO rolling it over on the passenger side The car is
>>completely stock and not in that bad of shape and the PO drove it home after
>>rolling. I am thinking of getting it to swap the motor over to my 78.
>>
>>I plan on swapping the complete motor, complete dash, complete wiring
>>harness, leather seats, front and rear disc brakes, and radiator.

Having gone thru this myself, to have an entire donor car is the way
to go.  You'll need things you didn't realize you need.

-Label EVERY SINGLE THING you take off either car.  If you think you
are labeling enough, you're not, label more.

-Clean and paint things.

-When you consider whether to replace a part, ask yourself this:

"Do I ever want to be here again?"

Typically, you will answer, "hell, NO!  This was a huge PITA to get
here."  and then replace said part.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |