knock sensor cleaning

Well I cleaned the knock sensor connections with the electrical contact
cleaner and it did indeed make a difference.  Or it just might be the placebo
effect, no seriously, I got some wheel spinage in second gear which I have
not been able to do lately, now this is how I remember my rocco. It even
seemed to stop a slight miss that i was having at idle. But on another note
my knock sensor is fucked. While searching for the knock sensor and its
connection I noticed that all of the insolation that goes around the knock
sensor wire is gone, and when I disconnected it the wiring harness it
crumbled in my hand and broke apart. It is back together and is working for
now but I think I have solved the great performance one day, not good the
other day problem that I have been having. What do you guys think?

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>