possible U.S. spec H/L and grille mod...

Maybe this is just a crazy late night idea, but I was just thinking, since I
have driving lights mounted under my bumpers like fog lights, I never use my
high beams. I was wondering if anyone has ever done or thought of doing a
modification involving the removal of the high beam sealed units and a
custom extension on the grille on a U.S. spec MK2.  I know this has been
done with euro spec grilles and H/L's...   Any ideas??

Andy

84 rocco
85 BMW 318i