Re: possible U.S. spec H/L and grille mod...

At 06:08 AM 12/30/00 +0000, Andy Teague wrote:
>Maybe this is just a crazy late night idea, but I was just thinking, since I
>have driving lights mounted under my bumpers like fog lights, I never use my
>high beams. I was wondering if anyone has ever done or thought of doing a
>modification involving the removal of the high beam sealed units and a
>custom extension on the grille on a U.S. spec MK2.  I know this has been
>done with euro spec grilles and H/L's...   Any ideas??
>
>Andy

First thought that comes to my mind is:  if the driving lights are in place
of your highs and you run them all the time, you will get people flashing
their highs at you thinking you are high beaming them.  Second, inspection,
you probably need highs to pass some sort of state inspection(even here in
Maine we need 'em-and they don't care about much).

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Overdrive is finished
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear