RE: [tech] clutch cable?

shift linkage adjustment?

sounds to me like you're getting her in 3rd or 5th gear, if those linkages
are out of whack, you'll never get it in first. Have you tried pushing down
on the stick and trying to find an extra gear in between rev and "1st"?

$.02

Dan
<>
car in question here is my 88 16v...i think the problem may be my clutch
cable although i'm not sure...the car starts up fine and idles nicely, but
whenever i try to get it moving in first it will not catch and just stalls
and dies...

recently i replaced the rear transmission mount as well as all the bushing
in the shifter linkages...so it shifts through all the gears fine...

now the thing is, it will run in reverse perfectly...i know the clutch cable
needs adjusting, but could this also be causing the car not to catch and
stall out going forward, but work in reverse?

TIA
-doug-
<>