Re: Speaking of noisy Lifters....

By saying this I do not expect a big oil war (man do I know this list or
what!!), but we recently checked into the specs of what VW requires in
engine oil and so far we have only found Chevron's Delo 400 to meet these
requirements.  I am not saying that you use the wrong oil, just what I have
found.  Sounds like you just need new lifters!  My 2 cents worth.  HTH!!!

Dave