Re: parts wanted, 8v engine swap question, euro lights

Benjamin,

my ex-roomate and ex-list member Nate (VWN8) did the
full motronic + ABA + crossflow head into his '82.  He took his
time and mapped out all the wiring beforehand, and it turned out
to be fairly easy.  I think the motronic makes for a smoother running
car, and allows the ability to chip as well.
His '82 runs strong with full header back exhaust and a chip.
It was as fast as my JH with BAE turbo running 8lbs of boost, so
probably around 140hp.
It's a good swap, and fairly inexpensive for the whole setup.  You can
usually pick everything up needed for the conversion and a lower mileage
motor for about $1K-$1,200.
It offers tons of torque, and is better suited to a turbo setup because
of the crossflow head (if you ever want to consider that).

Alex Ting
'90 jetta gli
'86 zender z400 rocco
'97 ducati 748 monoposto

Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213