Re: 2H trans installed...

At 7:21 PM -0400 8/17/00, thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:01:15 -0700 (PDT) kevin f <aventari@detonate.net>
>writes:
>>  My .71 5th w/ the 3.67 is tall thats for sure. But the thing is, it's
>>  not too much different then my FF was. a few mph, but not much. The
>>  real killer is that 4th is soo much shorter and the 4th to 5th shift
>>  is pretty wicked. I'm lucky my motor has a fair amount of touque so
>>  it can hang, but i wish i would've have a .75 to go with. I would
>>  use that if I were you. IMHO
>Thanks for the feedback, it's always nice to hear from someone who has
>already "been there and done that", I think I will go with the .75.

I've got a .75 in my AGB tranny.  Now that the car is running
correctly, it's quite nice.  Lowers RPM's, but still enough pull if
you want to pass someone without dropping back to fourth.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |