Re: scirocco mk1 engine transplant

If money isn't a huge object

http://www.fastforward.ca

They have a drop in kit for 8v 2.0l out of the Audi
80/90.  It's around $1500 us for a NEW engine, all the
goodies and shipping to the US.

Thats whta I will do.... someday...

Mark
--- Landon Todd Detwiler <detwiler@cs.washington.edu>
wrote:
> I just bought a Scirocco mk1 as a project car. It
> needs a new engine and I am trying to determine the
> best replacement for it. I am thinking about staying
> with the 8 valve so that I can just bolt the new
> engine right in. I saw a place on the web that sells
> an 8 valve 1.8 liter that has been bored out to 2
> liters. If I wanted to have this done myself, which
> block would work best, or are the 1.8s in the
> Scirocco, Jetta, GTI all the same? Would one year or
> model stand up best to this kind of bore? Where
> would I then get pistons and rings? I need some
> advise.
> Thanks,
> Todd

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/