Re: scirocco mk1 engine transplant

Landon Todd Detwiler wrote:

> I just bought a Scirocco mk1 as a project car. It needs a new engine
> and I am trying to determine the best replacement for it.

Todd, your best bet is to just buy a "stock" 2.0l 8v motor -either an
Audi 3A or a VW ABA. Either way will make much more power than you've
got right now! I selected the Audi motor because of it's lower price,
ready availability at the time, it's piston oil squirters, and general
"revviness". The VW-type makes a little bit more power, though.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!