Re: Great Find! @ Waterfest!

I gotta agree with Kevin. For tall people like myself (6'2'') , the height of the
stock shifter is just right .Germans on the whole are pretty tall, so the
designers got it right! I put a Momo race air leather(round, but slightly bigger
than the stock one which was looking pretty ratty) shift knob but have never hit
my stereo only passengers legs. I made some brass bushings for the linkage (which
were stiff at first with virtually no play but have since loosened up nicely) .I
also added a cylinder shaped divers weight to the rod. I must say that it shifts
smooth and beautifully, and never grinds in any gear( except into reverse, if I
do it too quickly when it's hot).
John