Re: Great Find! @ Waterfest!

    hmm.  the "stupid and cheap" cut seems out of place.  a little harsh,
maybe?  i dunno.  yes it's cheap, it cost me about 10 minutes of my time
with a dremel.  stupid?  no.  actually, when i first did it, i did it
through necessity.  the shifter was too tall!  it was unsightly and
uncomfortable in my opinion.  i sit with a pretty obvious slouch, so it just
didn't work for me.  so now, instead of reaching across fro a tall shifter,
i have all of my gears within close reach.

    i'm really not too sure what the "proportionate throw with respect to
clutch pedal travel" is all about.  is there some kind of ratio here that i
don't know about?  i took about 6 inches from my shifter, and it hasn't
slowed me down at all.  ask anyone that has been for a drive with me, and
they can confirm that the shifting has not been negatively affected.

    but thanks for the opinion, chris.  it's good to know what other people
out there are thinking.

jason
the mad bastard