Radiator interchangeability

Does anyone know what radiators are compatible with my '84 'rocco w/ AC?  Is
a specific radiator used on the cars with AC, or is the cooling fan the only
difference?  Can I just swap in any unit from an A1 VW?  While on the
subject, how tough would it be to wire in a different fan, in case I can't
find a used one locally?  I believe the A2s have a different connector (at
least the GTI does).  Are all the A1 connectors the same for the cars with
AC?

TIA!
Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!