Re: Oil.....WTF?

I doubt it's a PCV problem, but you could check by looking at the air
cleaner.  It that's covered in oil, then PCV might be your culprit.  Pull
your plugs and see if it's one cylinder that is leaking the oil.  I would
guess that either valve seals or piston rings are leaking.  If your idle is
mostly smooth, I would suspect the valve seals because you won't lose much
compression with bad seals.  If the rings are leaking, then you should be
losing compression and your idle should suck and the car will not have full
power.

Either way, you're in for engine work.  That's not a bad thing!  It means
you have a good reason to get more power!!!  :)

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition