Speaker GuRu's....Need Advise

Hey there Chris -

	How much money are you looking at spending here? 'Chung has done a few custom installs on his rocco, mine, and his brother's Audi, and they all sound amazing. All are very different in tone and listening preference, but they quality is great. I am running with Boston Accoustics 5'1/4 components in the front, which have great clarity and shining top end/mids, Pioneer 6X9's in the back tray (there are other more expensive brands with better tweeters, but I didn't need any more top end with the Boston Accoustics, just solid mids and bass and the Pioneers are darker than most of the other ones I checked out), and I also have an Acme B2 4 ohm bass cab in the back. All of these are powered by a Sony 4x75 amp, with the sub taking 2 of those channels. The system is plenty loud (I can't sit in the car with it more than 3/4 up), incredibly clean and crisp and I couldn't be happier with it.
	The Boston Accoustics needed some custom panels to fit em in
the doors, and if you are interested I can get some pics and show you
what Chung and I did. The tweeters are mounted on the dash in the
corners by the windshield (which may be why it's so bright - if you
want it a little darker, try mounting them lower, like on the doors).
The 6X9's are fit in the tray of the rear hatch (took me 20 minutes
to fab some wood cutouts to mount them), and the sub is swapable, and
held in the back with some bungie cords. Works great....
	The Acme B2 is actually a bass cab (as in it's used by people
that play bass) and has the best low end of any sub I've heard, both
in my stereo and on my bass rig. You can order them online, and it
takes about 3 weeks to ship them (they were listed in the top 5 bass
cabs of the decade last year). Mine cost $475, and it was worth every
penny. (Make sure you get a 4 ohm cab to give you more oomph)
	I ordered my amp from Carstereoworld.com and they had the
best prices around for Sony stuff. In terms of the speakers, I just
found the best price I could online from a place that would quote
over the phone, went to Goodguys and Circuit City and made them give
me the speakers for the web price (low price guarantees are great,
aren't they?) so that way I could get their warrantee instead of the
web company, and if anything went wrong, I could just go locally
intead of having to ship.
	All in all, I spent close to $1000 on my system, but I'm
done, and totally happy. I don't think there's much more I'd want to
do to it, aside from maybe putting the Pioneers in custom boxes so I
don't have to have the rear tray in to use them. Oh yeah - make sure
you spend the money on good wire and a good amp power kit - it's
worth it. If you have questions about the install or the custom
panels, drop me or Chung a line and we'll be glad to help.

			Ben Patterson, 86' 16v (almost running again)