From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Shannon Fenton
Sent: Friday, September 17, 1999 10:01 AM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: I had H&R springs ANYONE else?

I just ordered a set of H&Rs and Boges for my 16V yesterday.....please dont
tell me I just made a big fuck up....anybody else running this setup!

At 03:03 PM 9/17/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I had H&R springs on my '85 Storm which originally came off a MKI golf.
They were rated at 55-60mm drop for the golf and they were too short for my
setup.  Side-on there was virtually no gap rear or front and it bounced on
the stock bump-stops and bottomed-out regularly when i removed the stops.
I was using boge shocks in the stock struts.  The guy who had Golf used
bilstein sports and had no problem with bottoming-out.  Sounds like you
might have the same springs.  If that's the case, I think your only options
are:
>shell out £450 on a set of Bilstein sports ( not HDs as you'll stillhave
the problem of not enough travel);
>or do what I just did and ditch the springs.  I've just fitted a new set
of Eibach Pro kit springs which are 30-40mm drop, with standard bump-stops,
 and it's much better.  I think I might get a pair of poly bump-stops for
the front as there is still a touch too much bounce.

>HTH,
>
>Ewan Hopkins.

     www.computeraid.co.uk

Thank You for your Time,