Re: Scirocco Top Speed?

> > >Brett: I'm still waiting for you to dyno the beast so you, Jay, and Riley
> > >can finally have the virtual race! :)
> >
> > C'mon Brett, what's the holdup?!!  :)
>
>    he's still reeling from the beatdown i gave him at the toronto show ;)

I _told_ you to lay off the crack man, it ain't good for you! :)  It
was very close between our cars to be honest, and if I had any idea what
I was doing I might have done even better.  Too bad we only got to run
< 1/8 mile...Oh, I've retimed my engine again (timing, cams, fuel mixture)
and the power drop-off I was getting at 6-6.5k is gone...pulls even stronger
to redline now.  Note that I still have all my interior, a heavier car
to begin with, full working air conditioning system and big fat heavy
16in wheels and tires... ;-)

As for the dyno, as I mentioned here a few days ago, there is NO chassis
dyno in Rochester...I have to get time on one in Buffalo.   I've called
the shop twice last week, and no one has returned my calls yet..they
were on vacation...don't worry, it's in the plan. :)

> > And BTW Jay - your program is accurate for top speed, but I seriously
>doubt
> > its 1/4 and 0-60 calculations, at least for my car.  When I get a GTech
>run
> > in, I'll let you know what the results are...
>
>    well, i can tell ya right now that my best time in the 1/4 was a
>14.74sec 2 days ago.  i probably coulda done a bit better, possibly by about
>another 0.3 second, if i didn't waste so much time spinning the tires in
>first...  i think that it's time for the cams :)

Oh, that'll make you spin the tires less...sure... :)

later!

==Brett