Re: Scirocco Top Speed?

At 1:34 pm -0400 5/9/99, the mad bastard wrote:
>    he's still reeling from the beatdown i gave him at the toronto show ;)

Beatdown?  This sounds like a good story...

>    well, i can tell ya right now that my best time in the 1/4 was a
>14.74sec 2 days ago.  i probably coulda done a bit better, possibly by about
>another 0.3 second, if i didn't waste so much time spinning the tires in
>first...  i think that it's time for the cams :)

That's pretty damn impressive, jay!!  14.74 has got to be the fastest I've
seen yet from a 16v without a blower on it.

>    i haven't yet.  i'm waiting for the "guinea pigs" to let everyone know
>their results :)

K, well call me a guinea pig then.  I did it last night and drove around a
bunch today.  Long story short - I still have a rev limiter.  I think it
might be a couple hundred rpm higher than it was before, and the limiter is
now more like an ONoffONoffONoffONoff switch than a straight-up OFF switch,
but it's still there.  F*CK!!!!!!

Now what?  All you CIS-E Experten out there, please help me out... I want
7500rpm without having to convert to Motronic or some other aftermarket
setup..