Re: Stalling Problem

I had a similar problem, without the melted fuel pump
relay about 6 months ago.  I've replaced my points
ignition with one of those ignitors.  As it turns out,
the wires from the ignitor to the coil had pulled out
of the ignitor housing due to lack of slack in the
distributor.  They had pulled out just slightly mind
you and upon visual inspection looked fine.  However
it wouldn't idle at all but ran fine with a little
gas.  Apparently the vacume caused the dist to advance
completing the connection causing my ghost...good
thing it was under warranty...be sure to check all of
your electical contacts for corrosion or shorts...Good
Luck!!!

George-

=====