Re: Am I nuts?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>You raise a good point Josh.

In the same way that Ford abandoned the first Mustang owners from the '69
model year on, VW has abandoned the Scirocco market.  When they introduced
the Corrado they specifically stated that it wasn't a Scirocco replacement,
rather it was a new upmarket sports coupe.  Result, disaster.  Despite its
many outstanding talents, the Corrado was 500 pounds too heavy and too
expensive for a VW coupe, with a 4 cylinder moter that wasn't quite
convincing enough.  It might have done better as an Audi, but as a VW it was
a sales disaster.

Now that the Corrado's gone, and with the general decline of the coupe
market in favor of SUVs, there's little out there that looks like a Scirocco
replacement.  The closest might be the small hatchback bimmers.  Then's
there's a bunch of halfway decent sports coupes like the Celica, which don't
offer the practicalilty of the Scirocco's boot with the rear seat down.  I
guess I'm speaking to my own needs here.  I like a sports couple which I can
throw a bike into, a limited market these days.  VW  these days seem to be
wandering into the small Volvo market with high quality vehicles with
softish suspensions.

Just my two cents.

Wayne C.