Re: Headlights

<x-flowed>Your problem is that the connector to the headlight is not wired correctly
for the headlight you are using.  It sounds specifically like the high beam
wire and ground wire are switched.  Do you have round lights?  I believe the
round lights match the H4 connector, but the 4x6's on the Scirocco do not
match.  So if you simply plugged the Scirocco headlight connector onto your
Rabbit light, the connections are not right.  On www.scirocco.org under the
Tech Procedures/Scirocco 16v section, you will find instructions for
installing euro lights.  Down the page (I think step 14 or so) you will find
the wiring instructions for the H4 bulb.  Once you have the bulb connected
properly, your lights should work normally.

HTH,
Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Sidewinder