California front plates - yikes!

Just saw a teaser for a story on Channel 9 news (local LA) - apparently
a BIG crackdown on missing front license plates is either under way or about
to be underway, with a "big fine" being the result if you get busted w/o
one.

I recently had my front bumper drilled and the stock plate holder installed
on my GTI, just to avoid ever getting squeezed for no plate.  I have NO desire
to give any cop probable cause to pull me over for ANY petty offense, and
that's an easy one for them to pick on.  But if they're cracking down, that's
even more reason to slap one on if yours is not there... be forewarned!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0