Re: California front plates - yikes!

I believe it. Worse for me is that I never got a front plate with my
car. I get stopped every now and then in Palo Alto, (I'm 'swarthy' and
PA is, well a bit old school about that kinda thing). Any way, they pull
me over, ask if I know why and then presume to explain it's for my own
good. See 'front plated get stolen, see?' And maybe I didn't _know_ my
plate was gone. Hrmph. I don't think something missing from a Scirocco
owner's car would wash if they had a clue who they were talking to.

Been to DMV, they say "Turn in your old, classic blue & gold plate for a
pair of cheesy white & blue modern (ugly) plates."

TBerk