Re: 2.0L 9A Block

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> 1) I've heard that the compression ratio w/my original 16V head will be
anywhere
> from 9.5 to 10.5:1.  Can anyone be more exact on this?  Dan Brideau?

    i am of the opinion that the 1.8L 16V has a compression ratio of 10.5:1,
and the 2.0 16V is 10.8:1.  with a shaved 1.8L head and a 2L block,
compression should rise to 11.1:1 or thereabouts...IMHO

> 2) I don't think the 1988 CIS-E had a knock sensor, right?  Will I need
one?
> Can this be integrated into CIS-E or must the system be swaped-out for a
later
> one?

    i think that the use of a KS started in 1984

> 3) How does a knock sensor work?  Is it some kind of acoustic device?

    from what i understand, it's a vibration sensor that is activated when
the engine starts pinging.  i remember hearing from someone that really wild
cams affect a KS?

jason
the mad bastard