Re: Some more 2L conversion ?'s

I can definitely say that the exhaust pipes on my car are stainless, and
original as far as I can tell. The muffler went last year, and at the time
I didn't know any better than to get an OEM Bosal muffler (which really
isn't too bad, actually, but expensive). The old muffler came off VERY
easily. No rust. This spring, I gutted out my clogged catalytic converter.
When I undid the clamp between the midpipe and the cat, the two slid apart
with no trouble whatsoever. The amazing part is that I live in Minnesota,
and the car was originally bought 130,000 miles ago at the dealership
where I purchased it! It was obvious that the car had been well-cared-for,
but no amount of babying will keep a crappy exhaust that clean in MN.

Needless to say, I'm totally sold on stainless exhaust systems from now
on! It is worth paying double or even tripple for a good system like that.

Neal