Re: Driveshaft Swap???

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 NJNagel@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/28/99 20:05:13 Eastern Standard Time, WaspHwy@aol.com
> writes:
>
> > is there any difference between the driveshafts on my 84 rocco wolfie or my
> >  84 rabbit gti? any problems with swapping the rocco's onto the rabbit?
>
> yes.  your 'rocco should have 90mm cv's and the GTI has 100mm.   If you want
> 100mm CV's on your 'rocco you need to get 100mm output flanges for the trans
> and I believe you may have to do some clearancing on the wheel bearing
> carriers as well.

This may be the case with the '85 GTI, but the '84 GTI should have 90mm
CVs.  I interchanged the driveshafts from my 84 Jetta GLI (GTI with a
trunk) to my 84 Scircocco no problem - both cars came with the same
transmission - 4K.  Most documentation I've read indicates that the 84
Scirocco was a recipient of 100mm CV's- but I have not found this to be
the case with my car - perhaps with the intruction of the 9A transmission?

Drew 84 Wolfsburg Ed.

> nate

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca