Re: Fw: Does ANYONE know what year my car is?

I've seen both VIN splits and build date splits breaking down the '84
model year (production of which would have started in 1983, possibly
August or earlier?  I don't remember the VIN split, but it seems to me
that ROT is build dates of 12/83 and earlier are '83 style' 84's and 01/84
and later are '85 style' 84's, with 55L fuel tank, compact spare etc etc.
This has worked well for me when ordering parts - except for oddballs like
transfer pumps etc. where VW is strict about VIN number ranges.

Drew '85 style' 84 Wolfsburg ed.

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Casey Webster wrote:

>  I don't know about that, but maybe canada was different?  My '84 wolfsburg
> was built 10/84.  It has 1.8, small spare, etc.  Everything same as an 85
>

> Casey
> 84 8v wolfsburg roc

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca