Bought a silvery-blue 81 Scirocco "S".

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Well, I picked up an 81 "S" for $1000.  It's not a quite a thing of beauty,
but it'll get me around for the time being.

If you people on the left (west) coast can keep an eye out for a flash
silver Mk2 16V, I'd appreciate it.  I'm not sure that I want to keep the Mk1
and make a 16V out of it yet.

Thanks again to everyone who has e-mailed me to offer support, condolences
and so forth.  It's nice to know so many other people understand how much a
car (like a Scirocco) can mean when you put so much time and effort and
money into it.

Bradley
DESTROYED: '86 Scirocco 16V 2.0 "T"
NEW BEATER: '81 Scirocco S