Fw: alternator - blue wire connects to what?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>If I remember correctly, while rewiring my Rabbit with the 16v harness, the
blue wire goes to the instrument cluster (I know you know that already).
The important thing that I remember is that the charging system WOULD NOT
CHARGE without that wire hooked up correctly.  So, I believe that it is the
field wire.  Where exactly it hooked to I cannot remember, and while I was
doing the swap, I had borrowed a friends bentley (I know, I know, I need my
own) so I don't have the wiring diagrams here in front of me.  So, if it is
cut on your harness, I don't know how you are getting it to charge.  HTH!!

Dave