alternator - blue wire connects to what?

OK, the continuing saga..sort of..

I slapped a new Alternator Voltage Regulator in the alternator last
night and tested the voltage ouput of the alternator.  It is pumping
out 14.4 volts!! Woohoo!  I hope this takes care of the charging
problem.

Question:  Upon examination I nothiced that the thin blue wire bolted
to the back of the alternator casing (coming out of the D+ terminal,
if I remember correctly) was not connected to anything at the other
end...it was cut after about 2 inches.  I look in Bentley and it seems
that the wire is connected into the wiring harness, which goes into
the fuse panel.  Through the panel it is connected to the alternator
warning light and eventually to the 'CAT mileage counter'

I am not sure what this thing is..is it the odometer, the box that
sits behind the coolant reservoir with the OXS sensor light reset
button?

Soo, where does this blue wire connect to in the wiring harness?
Which wire?  I could track down the wire from the panel, butI am
hoping a list member can save me some time.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor