Re: Motor Mounts Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1221

Chris Chemidlin wrote:

> Hey- I went shopping at The Home Depot yesterday, and I priced out some
> Plexi and some Lexxan. the Lexxan is way more than the cost of the plexi! A
> large sheet that might net you your vent windows and the hatch window was
> $99!

Eeeeyikes! We've gotta be able to do better than that. Anyone have any elite
sources for lexan?

> For about the same size in plexi you're looking at about $30.

Um, which one scratches really easily. Methinks it is the lexan, actually. Why
is that stuff prefferred and what consitutes the extra cost?

> I also grabbed a length of metal to make a short shift kit. Do you happen to
> have one out of the car? I want to measure the added length on the piece
> with 3 holes...

I don't have one out of the car but distinctly remember adding a 1" section when
I fabbed mine. I just cut the "arm" in half and then welded in the extra
section. Thus, I have no adjustment. Who cares, it does the job. I might apply a
little bondo, some black followed by clearcoat paint, and then a Neuspeed
sticker -gotta get those show points together! Yah...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut