Re: Motor Mounts Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1221

<x-flowed>Hey- I went shopping at The Home Depot yesterday, and I priced out some
Plexi and some Lexxan. the Lexxan is way more than the cost of the plexi! A
large sheet that might net you your vent windows and the hatch window was
$99! For about the same size in plexi you're looking at about $30.  Theonly
thickness they had was too thin. I also think they're overpriced. I couldn't
find a piece of opaque plastic, so I bought a 12" square piece of plexi for
$1.75 to put where my heater controlls/stereo was (I'm moving my gauges and
switches to the dash).
Should look weird with a 'clear' dashboard!  -Anyway, I'm going to check at
Pearl Art Store today to see if they carry plastic or Lexxan.

I also grabbed a length of metal to make a short shift kit. Do you happen to
have one out of the car? I want to measure the added length on the piece
with 3 holes...

Chris