Re: We Scirocco owners get NO respect!

Dale Witt wrote:

> It was in fact the 86.5.  I purchased number 1,399 of the 3,000 that came
> into country to test the US market.

I found out this weekend that my car is ALLEGEDLY the FIRST 16v that was
sold in California.  Original owner (I'm just the second) ordered way ahead
of time and snagged the first one.  Or so the legend goes... hmm, I've got
the original bill of sale someplace, I need to check the date..

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to go WHOLE HOG and restore
my car to absolutely pristine condition.  I've got about $2k to put aside
to start my fund, and figure that I can do it right for about $5-6k from
the point the car is at now (which is pretty decent already).  Next year
I'm gunning for best of show at ND!  Oh yeah!!!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0