Re: We Scirocco owners get NO respect!/Post ND gossip

On Mon, 24 May 1999 19:39:36 -0700 Kevin Collins <kevinc@flashcom.net>
writes:

>I found out this weekend that my car is ALLEGEDLY the FIRST 16v that
>was sold in California.
>the original bill of sale someplace, I need to check the date..

Hmm. As in the #1 Scirocco that was bought/paid for/registered in CA?
Novel indeed.

>I have come to the conclusion that I am going to go WHOLE HOG and
restore
>my car to absolutely pristine condition.  I've got about $2k to put
aside
>to start my fund, and figure that I can do it right for about $5-6k from
>the point the car is at now (which is pretty decent already).  Next year
>I'm gunning for best of show at ND!  Oh yeah!!!

So your gonna yank out the 2.0L and do it right, eh? There's something
wrong with that thought.
That would be cool if we had another Roc take best of show again at ND!

BTW, anybody know who/what won at the show? I didn't stick around for the
announcements.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and