Re: Scirocco turnout at ND

On Sun, 23 May 1999 20:51:45 -0700 (PDT) christopher gonzalez
<chris24g@yahoo.com> writes:
>To my fellow Rocconians,
>
>All in all it was a great show...The most memorable
>Scirocco's were a pair of 200+ HP 16V intercooled
>Sciroccos...not real pretty to look at, but wicked
>fassssst! I'll let the other listers fill you in on
>the details (they are still on the road heading
>home!).

Those guys were stupid assholes. (Speed runs in front of ND. Lucky they
didnt get popped. Still, therewere alot of people out there who could of
gotten hurt.)
I know that a few other people who saw them would agree that the
instalation is not clean, not 4even close. They looked like a couple of
garage hacked do-what-it-takes to make it fit kind of instalations. I
could pick the cars apart all day long but wont. (your welcome.)
Dont get me wrong, the white Roc puts out 245hp and the black one claims
230hp. Impressive in itself but I dont expect them to be around long. The
intercoolers sits on top of the intake runners. I dont see how it could
possibly be very functional. Looking at the cars, I saw 2 locations that
would of been a better spot for the intercoolers.
BYW, the white roc was the very same roc that ended up wrecked on the
bridge, if any of you recall last years embarasment.

>This year's ND show had the largest Scirocco turnout
>by far! MkI's and MkII's were out in force!

WE RULE!!!
WEST SiiiED!!
:)

There were alot of really clean Roc's there. Brett would of had a hard
time competing with these guys and they werent even in the show! :)
There were a few mentionable cars there.

There was a raced out VW Truck. Looked really nice. It smelled of the
Nascar truck but still retained enough of the VW flavor to make it work.
It had a sealed bed with a working tailgate to gain access. You know, if
your gonna do the showcar tour, this would be the vehicle to have. he had
in the back a full folding picknick table and all sorts of other stuff.
Great use of the space.

Best engine would have to goto that 92 Passat with the liquid intercooled
motor. Extremely sweet instalation. Beyond clean. I cant stop thinking
about it actually.

There were a few cars that only needed a good engine detailing to be get
high marks. There was a MK-I Jetta Diesel conversion that looked very
nice except it had a foot of grit and grime in the engine bay. It would
seem that it was from the origional diesel motor or something.

Lots of nice cars indeed. The Scirocco owners were there in force and had
an impact on the show. There were more people looking at our Rocs in the
parking lot than were inside the show for most of the day.
(Except for those lurking around the drawing.)

The great news is for next year, turbo tim is talking about moving the
show to Laguna Seca raceway. (That right or is it Sears Point? I ferget.)
Track time as well as a car show to me is a great competition
combination.
This will be the show of all shows!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and