Re: Scirocco turnout at ND

My favorite part about the Renner 16V turbo's were the "big
bumpers" they had put on.  They had been poorly cut so as to fit
the cars and were then held in place by long screws, unevenly
spaced that went right through the body, ouch!  Yeah they were
fast, but the overall exucution definetly could have been done better.

But all of the 'rocco guys that I met were very nice and quite
talkative, especially the two guys that had 16V MK1's there.  Just
about all of us were sporting out Scirocco list t-shirts, and if we
didn't have ours (like I did), Shawn had them right there in the back
of his car. This was my first H2O VW show and I had a blast.  The
group of list members from So. Cal. were awesome, taking a slight
detour so that I could join the caravan.  The drive up Hwy. 1 was
incredibly beautiful, the nice winding road (when we weren't behind
slow traffic), the coast line with the nice teal-blue ocean, and the
"snake" of six Scirocco's making thier way up that coast.

I didn't get a count on the MK2's, but there were aprox. 13 MK1's
present at the show, including a couple of weary travellers: Eric
with his yellow MK1 from Colorado and Andre with his Vomit
Rocket from Washington!  There were some nice MK2's there.
One 16V had an awesome white/yellow/orange paint job and
Reiger body kit and was part of the show.

On a humorous note, people were flying up and down De La Cruz
Blvd, in front of ND all day long.  It wasn't until the last hour or so
that one cop finally showed up.  Just about everyone at the show
saw him drive by and then pull off onto a side street to sit and wait.
 It wasn't long before a black SLC decided to show off. A group of
people were trying to get him to slow down, but he didn't want to
listen.  He flew by as the cop casually pulled out and turned the
lights and pulled him over.  About 80% of the show go-ers were all
standing out in the street hooting and hollering at the idiot in the
Corrado.
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm