Scirocco turnout at ND

To my fellow Rocconians,

All in all it was a great show...The most memorable
Scirocco's were a pair of 200+ HP 16V intercooled
Sciroccos...not real pretty to look at, but wicked
fassssst! I'll let the other listers fill you in on
the details (they are still on the road heading
home!).
This year's ND show had the largest Scirocco turnout
by far! MkI's and MkII's were out in force!

But now, a story to show what being a Scirocco owner
is all about:

I got to the show kinda late (around 11:30am), and I
didn't see the Scirocco's at the rear of the parking
lot (where they were last year). No Sciroccos, just a
bunch o' Golfs and a few Rabbit GTi's.  I thought to
myself, "well I hope that at least a few of the
listers made it up..." So I drive up to the front just
to see if I could get a lucky parking spot. Lo and
Behold, I saw Mk I's to the left of me MkII's to the
right of me taking up the majority of the prime real
estate in front of the ND show entrance! I could
barely drive through the parking spaces, there was so
much foot traffic and Sciroccos occupying the lot. I
was getting bummed that I would probably have to park
far away, when Doug T. walks up and says to wait up
while he has a couple of the list members scoot their
cars over so I could squeeze in. That right there made
my day! I turn to my girfriend and ask, "can't you
just feel the Scirocco love?" She was pretty impressed
and wished she had brought her Scirocco. And the 'rocc
I was in was yer basic '88 16V. I've been to a few
*ahem* import shows, and the car owners are all about
"my car is more trick than your car." People barely
talk to each other or exchange advice...Throughout the
day I met a bunch of Scirocco owners, and ALL were
friendly and enthusiastic to meet another Scirocco
owner. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

See you next year at the ND show!

Chris Gonzalez