Re: My New Car Died! Yikes!

> The main problem you are having is you should have been down the street
> and around the corner at the New Dimensions' show. :)

If only.....

> The Fuel Filter is easy to replace, is relatively cheap and is a no
> brainer to swap out if you have never before since owning the car.

My wonderful girlfriend replaced the fuel filter, and that didn't fix
the problem.  Tried to start the car a few times after the filter
installation, and then looked in the fuel filter.  No gas!

> A fuel relay might cause the original problem, but the fact that extra
> stuff squirted in the intake allowed it to run leads me to doubt the
> feul pump, blockage in the lines (maybe that filter), or an air leak.

Not the filter, for sure.  We went to Pep Boys and got a fuel pump for
an 86 8V, and then spent the last three hours trying to take the old
pump off....only to find we got the wrong pump!  The side where the fuel
exits the pump was male instead of female like the one we took off.
Doh!  How the hell do you take off the stupid housing anyways???  Oh
well....

> I'm gonna be in Oakland-Berkely-Richmond this evening, want me to stop
> by?

Just got your e-mail about 5 mins ago...and Pep Boys is closed!  Maybe
tomorrow night?

> TBerk
> 650 322-2942

Wow!  I work right off of 101 @ Ralston.  Anywhere nearby?  I live in
Fremont though, and my car is dead so I don't think I'll be making it in
tomorrow....

Does anyone reading this in the Cali East-bay know where I can get a
Bosch fuel pump?  Pep Boys didn't have one... and I need one tomorrow!

All the best,
-Norm